- Bel Pre CDC – 13801 Rippling Brook Drive in Silver Spring, MD – (301)871-0159
- Sargent Shriver CDC – 12518 Greenly Drive in Silver Spring, MD – (301)933-1785
- Woodlin CDC – 2103 Luzerne Avenue in Silver Spring, MD (301)608-9693
- Northwest Child Care – 9000 Rockville Pike in Bethesda, MD (301)480-5447 for NIH employees only
Our preschool program features:
- Full-day care from 7:00 am and 6:00 pm or 6:30 pm (depending on location) Monday — Friday
- Year-round programming to fit busy families’ schedules
- All-inclusive weekly tuition with NO additional fees — all program activities, supplies, and materials are included.
- Breakfast, morning supplement and afternoon snack provided. Parents supply lunch.
- One (1) teacher for every seven (7) children (exceeding state licensing requirement of one to ten)
- Well-equipped, inviting classrooms to support creativity, learning, and exploration
- Cots and cot covers provided
- Periodic field trips provided at NO extra cost
Our preschool teachers use the Creative Curriculum Preschoolers — a Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) approved model which employs best professional practices for working with children aged two to five. The Creative Curriculum supports the following learning goals at RDCA:
Learning about self and others (Social/Emotional Development), such as
- Describing one’s feelings
- Participating in group and individual learning activities
- Helping other children know class rules or with finding a book
- Developing friendships
Learning how to move and refine motor skills (Physical Development), such as
- Throwing and catching with more control
- Putting together puzzles or stringing beads
- Holding a crayon or marker for drawing
- Drawing simple shapes
Learning about the world around them (Cognitive Development), such as
- Knowing days of the week, months of the year, and seasons
- Simple counting
- Beginning letter and sound recognition
- Sorting items like beads, etc.
Learning how to communicate and strengthening vocabulary (Language Development), such
- Listening to picture books being read and responding to questions like “What do you think will happen now?”
- Identifying letters and basic sounds
- Singing songs
- Speaking in more complex sentences
Our activities are designed with
- A clear understanding of how preschool children grow and develop
- A strong commitment to best early childhood education practices
- Hands-on experiences, with age-appropriate materials and teacher support, which allow your child to explore and learn in a safe, nurturing environment
- Daily routines, including play, which support our learning goals and prepare your child for elementary school
As further indication of our commitment to excellence, the RDCA preschool program is MSDE-accredited and participates in Maryland EXCELS (Excellence Counts in Early Learning and School Age Care), a voluntary program to demonstrate high quality early childhood education.
RDCA also accepts vouchers for child care tuition from the Child Care Subsidy Program (formerly POC) and the Montgomery County Working Parents Assistance Program (WPA), Military (FEEA) and other subsidy programs.