RDCA PROVIDES HIGH QUALITY CHILD CARE AND CHILDREN’S PROGRAMS IN MONTGOMERY COUNTY, MARYLAND
To expand our services in communities where the need is identified
To improve the quality of our programs at our various centers through ongoing training for staff
To advocate for
increased support for quality child care programs by the government and community at large
To advocate for
ongoing participation of parents
To provide program management and administrative services to our associated child care centers
- RDCA is a private, non-profit 501(c)3 organization, founded in 1969.
- RDCA is governed by a volunteer board of directors made up of parents. Staff members participate as ex-officio members.
- We operate six child care centers, five are located in Montgomery County School buildings and one is located within a Montgomery County Government facility.
- Our centers participate in the U.S. Department of Agriculture – Child and Adult Care Food Program (USDA-CACFP). Breakfast, AM Supplement and Afternoon Snack are provided for all children at no additional charge.
- We accept vouchers for child care tuition from the Child Care Subsidy Program (formerly POC) and the Montgomery County Working Parents Assistance Program (WPA), Military (FEEA) and other subsidy programs.
- Our centers are licensed by the Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) – Office of Child Care.
- Our preschool programs are accredited by the Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE).
- Our centers participate in the Maryland EXCELS (Excellence Counts in Early Learning and School Age Care).
The RDCA board of directors is unique in being exclusively parent-led and mission-driven. We always aim for parent representation from each center. Staff members are encouraged to participate as ex-officio members. Each individual center may choose to have its own parent group, which would meet at its discretion and report back to the board of directors.
We chose RDCA because of the staff - they are incredibly caring and engaged and have made our daughter feel like she is part of a family. As parents, we have always been impressed by the amazing dedication of the RDCA team and the incredible experience they have delivered to us and our daughter. They are friendly, smart, dedicated, communicate frequently and in detail, and really care about our daughter. After care has been a place where our daughter has grown as a person, created lifelong friendships, and improved her academics. We highly recommend RDCA if you are looking for a safe and excellent place for your child to grow and excel!
- Chris H. (Bradley parent)
We chose RDCA because it provided an affordable daycare option combined with experienced teachers and staff, robust developmental programs, and beautiful facilities.
- Paul K. (former parent)
Without a doubt, the staff are the treasure of RDCA. The teachers and assistants know their students and work tirelessly to give them the best care and educational foundation possible. Children come out of the preschool programs happy, healthy, and well-adjusted to life, not just being in a classroom environment. The school age program has so much-crossover with the local elementary school and provides much needed, and well received, activities. We came for the location; we stay because of the staff.
- Lucia S. (Woodlin parent)