- Bel Pre CDC / Two’s
- 13801 Rippling Brook Drive in Silver Spring, MD – (301)871-0159
- Sargent Shriver CDC / Toddlers and Two’s
- 12518 Greenly Drive in Silver Spring, MD – (301)933-1785
- Woodlin CDC / Two’s
- 2103 Luzerne Avenue in Silver Spring, MD (301)608-9693
- Northwest Child Care – 9000 Rockville Pike in Bethesda, MD (301)480-5447 for NIH employees only
Our toddler program features:
- Full-day care from 7:00 am to 6:30 pm, Monday — Friday
- Year-round programming to fit busy families’ schedules
- All-inclusive weekly tuition with NO additional fees — all program activities, supplies, and materials are included.
- Breakfast, morning supplement and afternoon snack provided. Parents supply lunch.
- One (1) teacher for every three (3) children (for groups which include children under 24 months)
- Well-equipped, inviting classrooms to support creativity, learning, and exploration
- Cots and cot covers provided
- Children in diapers accepted. Toilet learning is part of our program, and we provide diaper wipes!
Our toddler teachers use the Creative Curriculum for Infants, Toddlers and Twos — a Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) approved model which employs best professional practices for working with toddlers. The Creative Curriculum supports the following learning goals at RDCA:
Learning about self and others (Social/Emotional Development), such as
- Playing and sharing with other children
- Using words to express feelings
- Picking up toys at clean-up time
Learning how to move and refine motor skills (Physical Development), such as
- Using finger paints
- Throwing a ball
- Working with large buttons
Learning about the world around them (Cognitive Development), such as
- Sorting blocks by color
- Completing simple puzzles
- Pretending to cook or some other imaginary activity
Learning how to communicate and strengthening vocabulary (Language Development), such as
- Listening to short books being read and responding to simple questions
- Singing simple songs
- Speaking more words and forming simples sentences
Our program activities are designed with
- A clear understanding of how toddlers grow and develop
- A strong commitment to best early childhood education practices
- Hands-on experiences, with age-appropriate materials and teacher support, which allow your child to explore and learn in a safe, nurturing environment
- Daily routines, including play, which support our learning goals
As further indication of our commitment to excellence, the RDCA toddler program is MSDE-accredited and participates in Maryland EXCELS (Excellence Counts in Early Learning and School Age Care) a voluntary program to demonstrate high quality early childhood education.
RDCA also accepts vouchers for child care tuition from the Child Care Subsidy Program (formerly POC) and the Montgomery County Working Parents Assistance Program (WPA), Military (FEEA) and other subsidy programs.