Exclusively for employees of the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Enrollment for our center is taken solely from the NIH waitlist. For more information about the wait list process and to sign up: click here.
Our infant program features:
- Full-day care from 7:30am to 6:00pm, Monday — Friday
- All-inclusive weekly tuition with NO additional fees — all program activities, supplies, and materials are included
- One (1) teacher for every three (3) infants (1:2 ratio mid-day)
- Daily, written reports are provided to keep parents informed about their child’s day
- Breastfeeding is supported by a designated lactation room
- Breast milk, formula and cereal supplied by parents will be stored and served safely
- Breakfast, morning supplement and afternoon snack provided for children eating table food (Parents supply lunch)
- Well-equipped, inviting classrooms to support creativity, learning, and exploration
- Cribs and crib sheets provided and laundered on site
- Diapers/pull-ups and wipes supplied by parents.
- When developmentally appropriate – toilet learning will be supported
Our infant teachers use the Creative Curriculum® for Infants, Toddlers and Twos — a Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) approved model which employs best professional practices for working with infants. The Creative Curriculum® supports the following learning goals at RDCA:
Learning about self and others (Social/Emotional Development), such as
- Using expressions to communicate needs
- Smiling to engage with others
- Laughing in response to stimuli
- Securing attachments with preferred adults
Learning how to move and refine motor skills (Physical Development), such as
- Holding their head steady
- Reaching for objects
- Sitting upright
- Mobility – crawling, cruising and walking
Learning about the world around them (Cognitive Development), such as
- Awareness of surroundings
- Action and effect
- Object permanence
Learning how to communicate and strengthening vocabulary (Language Development), such as
- Listen and express themselves
- Recognize and react to language
- Using simple gestures, and repeating simple sounds
Our program activities are designed with
- A clear understanding of how infants grow and develop
- A strong commitment to best early childhood education practices
- Hands-on experiences, with age-appropriate materials and teacher support, which allow your child to explore and learn in a safe, nurturing environment
- Responsive daily routines, appropriate for each infant’s individual development
As further indication of our commitment to excellence, the RDCA infant program will become NAEYC accredited and participates in Maryland EXCELS (Excellence Counts in Early Learning and School Age Care) a voluntary program to demonstrate high quality early childhood education.
RDCA also accepts vouchers for child care tuition from the Child Care Subsidy Program (formerly POC) and the Montgomery County Working Parents Assistance Program (WPA), Military (FEEA) and the NIH subsidy program (FEEA).